used in Unbroken - adapted for young adults
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- to write, carve, or etch words onto something's surface — as in "The names of the major donors will be inscribed on the front wall."
- to write a signed message and/or signature — as in "She inscribed the book with the message: I know this story will speak to your heart. Love Emma"
- to write down something when adding it to a list — as in "Their names were inscribed in the register of at Ellis Island."
- There was a cake with Welcome Home Louie inscribed in icing.
- In it, there were eight dollars, the newspaper illustration that had gotten him and Phil beaten up, and a USC pass inscribed with Louie's name.
There are no more uses of "inscribe" in Unbroken - adapted for young adults.