used in Zero Day
(click/touch triangles for details)
most important; or person who is most important
The exact meaning of principal
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "the principal idea" or "the principal performer" — the most important
- "the principal of the school" — the person in charge
- "a principal of a company" — an owner or person with controlling authority
- "the principal in a transaction" (as contrasted to the agent) — the person on whose behalf an agent acts
- She had come to this office principally because it was an easier commute for her and a slot had come open.
- "Principally the ones kept in Mr. Strauss's office," said Johnson.
There are no more uses of "principal" in Zero Day.