(click/touch triangles for details)
- Resentful frustration edged his tone.p. 343.6
- He resisted efforts to change his habits—chicken on Tuesdays, or a slice of cake instead of pie, or an absence of pickles meant dissatisfaction, and even resentment.p. 48.5
- Daddy said, resentfully, "That's right.p. 180.8
- His voice suddenly barbed with resentment, he said, "Well, you might feel like you're waking from a dream, but I feel like I'm having a nightmare.p. 261.2
- This remark made him seem inquisitive, and I resented it.p. 265.1
There are no more uses of "resent" in A Thousand Acres.
Typical Usage (best examples)