All 5 Uses of
- Her thoughts had been much clearer, and I had already had to accept the inevitable decision.†
- there'd be the prospect of a lifetime's guarding against slips — and we knew well enough already that occasional slips were inevitable.
Chpt 10 *inevitable = certain to happen
- Inevitably the horse slowed down, but its panic determination to get away from the guns abated very little.†
- Our progress was inevitably slow.†
- Very certainly we shall struggle against the inevitable just as these remnants of the Old People do.†
(inevitable) certain to happen (even if one tried to prevent it)