- His warrior's face with its expertly carved lines speaks its elegance in a language as foreign to them as Lingala.Book 5 — Exodus (70% in)
- Sometimes he had a gap-toothed smile and an elegant, scarred face.Book 2 — Revelation (63% in)
- Then I proceeded to draw the outline of an exceptionally elegant giraffe.Book 3 — Judges (16% in)
- His pronunciation sounded British and elegant, with "first" coming out as "fest," and "brought" more like "brrote."Book 3 — Judges (27% in)
- I am the smooth, elegant black cat who slips from the house as a liquid shadow after dark.Book 3 — Judges (87% in)
- I picture myself taking Leah and Adah on the grand tour, sweeping my hand over the elegant mahogany paneling in the bar, Tadah!Book 5 — Exodus (65% in)
There are no more uses of "elegant" in The Poisonwood Bible.
Typical Usage (best examples)