- There's no one around to stifle us.Chapter 25 (6% in)
- She's amused at something and she tosses her head back and laughs heartily, without trying to stifle it.Chapter 5 (9% in)
- She stifles a yawn and goes back to gossiping with her friends.Chapter 5 (16% in)
- God only knows what's crawling around in there, and I have to bite my lip to stifle a scream.Chapter 8 (42% in)
- Felicity is still stifling her laughter.Chapter 9 (36% in)
- The new maid turns away, but I can see her slender shoulders bobbing from her stifled laughter.Chapter 9 (93% in)
There are no more uses of "stifle" in A Great and Terrible Beauty.
Typical Usage (best examples)