used in Dracula
(click/touch triangles for details)
to approve or support
The exact meaning of endorse
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "I endorse her candidacy." — support for a candidate
- "I endorse the committee's recommendations." — support an idea
- "She is paid a million dollars a year to endorse the company's products." — publicly support in return for payment
- "She endorsed and deposited the check." — approved placing funds into a bank account by writing something like "for deposit" and signing the back of a check
- —I endorse the last words written, but this time there is no doubt in question.
Chapter 3 (50% in)
- I have done myself the honour of counting you one trusting friend, and such endorsement is dear to me.
Chapter 15 (82% in)
- A cold shiver ran through me to find my worst fears thus endorsed.
Chapter 24 (59% in)
There are no more uses of "endorse" in Dracula.