- The absolutist approach to fighting drugs proceeds on the premise that experimentation equals addiction.Chapter 7 (95% in)
- The whole premise behind sales, or supermarket specials, is that we, as consumers, are very aware of the prices of things and will react accordingly: we buy more in response to lower prices and less in response to higher prices.Chapter 2 (52% in)
- The premise is challenging and conceptual, but fascinating.Chapter 3 (58% in)
- The problem, at root, is with the premise of the show — the essential joke that Big Bird doesn't want to be known as a big bird.Chapter 3 (60% in)
- They are both based on the premise that an epidemic can be reversed, can be tipped, by tinkering with the smallest details of the immediate environment.Chapter 4 (37% in)
There are no more uses of "premise" in The Tipping Point.
Typical Usage (best examples)