(click/touch triangles for details)
- A second disappearance (previously unknown to her) and subsequent ghost sighting appeared too much for her to bear.4 — 1909 (95% in)
- I have subsequently invited all twenty-two of my fellow founders to our wedding, this November, and expect all to attend.2 — 1907 (42% in)
- The fast-thinking stable hand, a boy named Dirk, shaken as he was by the events of the evening, was provided several bottles of claret, subsequently drinking himself to unconsciousness.6 — 1911-1915 (30% in)
- My daughter is coming home. editor's note: although the subsequent lack of diary entries is attributed to ellen rimbauer's arthritis, there is some evidence that this period proved traumatic to her and that she suffered at least one breakdown. with the doctor's recommendation she attend "a clinic" (see 16 november 1921) in switzerland, ellen rimbauer refused to leave rose red and her beloved sukeena. recently recovered documents (the diary of tina coleman, for one) promote the idea...9 — 1918-1920 (76% in)
- ...staff members for a period of four months. during that time it is believed she lived in rose red completely alone and without a single visitor. whatever her mental state going into this solitude, she came out the worse for wear. over the subsequent two months, she reinstated a staff of twenty. she threw parties. at the last, 1946's annual inaugural ball, one of that period's greatest film actresses, deanna petrie, disappeared in rose red (there are unconFIrmed rumors that her...13 — Rest (54% in)
There are no more uses of "subsequent" in Rose Red.
Typical Usage (best examples)