- You will never again enjoy that careless rapture.35-36 — Chapters 35-36 (61% in)
- He was able to gratify the passion for general knowledge which beset the headmaster; he had read all sorts of strange books beyond his years, and often Mr. Perkins, when a question was going round the room, would stop at Philip with a smile that filled the boy with rapture, and say: "Now, Carey, you tell them.'15-16 — Chapters 15-16 (86% in)
- But Philip thought over all that the headmaster had said, and presently, his mind taken up entirely with the ceremo ny that was before him, a mystical rapture seized him.17-18 — Chapters 17-18 (55% in)
- He had thought of love as a rapture which seized one so that all the world seemed spring-like, he had looked forward to an ecstatic happiness; but this was not happiness; it was a hunger of the soul, it was a painful yearning, it was a bitter anguish, he had never known before.57-58 — Chapters 57-58 (42% in)
- Occasionally she went so far as to ask him to take her out to dinner, and the offer, coming from her, filled him with rapture.63-64 — Chapters 63-64 (18% in)
There are no more uses of "rapture" in Of Human Bondage.
Typical Usage (best examples)