(click/touch triangles for details)
- Philip, not knowing how many incompetent people have found solace in these false notes, was much impressed.27-28 — Chapters 27-28 (12% in)
- He whispered to her little words of solace.75-76 — Chapters 75-76 (59% in)
- It was the solace of his life (and when he grew used to it, the monotony of it was what chiefly appalled him) that he could go every Sunday to that friendly house.105-106 — Chapters 105-106 (14% in)
- Some lives, and Hayward's was among them, the blind indifference of chance cut off while the design was still imperfect; and then the solace was comfortable that it did not matter; other lives, such as Cronshaw's, offered a pattern which was difficult to follow, the point of view had to be shifted and old standards had to be altered before one could understand that such a life was its own justification.105-106 — Chapters 105-106 (96% in)
- In a few years these too, others taking their place, would stand alien as he stood; but the reflection brought him no solace; it merely impressed upon him the futility of human existence.111-112 — Chapters 111-112 (92% in)
There are no more uses of "solace" in Of Human Bondage.
Typical Usage (best examples)