(click/touch triangles for details)
- Josiah Graves that morning had objected strongly to some candlesticks with which the Vicar had adorned the altar.7-8 — Chapters 7-8 (53% in)
- There was a big desk in it, and a couple of big arm-chairs; a Turkey carpet adorned the floor, and the walls were decorated with sporting prints.35-36 — Chapters 35-36 (94% in)
- For I would point a moral and adorn a tale.45-46 — Chapters 45-46 (58% in)
- His attention had been drawn to it often by the three words in silver lettering on a black cloth, which, with two model coffins, adorned the window: Economy, Celerity, Propriety.85-86 — Chapters 85-86 (14% in)
- He wore a silk hat and a frock coat, the lapel of which was adorned with a white geranium surrounded by leaves.99-100 — Chapters 99-100 (60% in)
There are no more uses of "adorn" in Of Human Bondage.
Typical Usage (best examples)