All 5 Uses of
- The stars were only sparks of the fire, which devoured us.
Chpt 1 (definition 1)devoured = consumed or destroyed completely
- That's why she keeps talking about a fire devouring her.
Chpt 2 (definition 1) *devouring = consuming or destroying completely
- A dark flame had entered into my soul and devoured it.
Chpt 3 (definition 1)devoured = consumed or destroyed completely
- The bread we had brought from Buna had long since been devoured.
Chpt 6 (definition 2) *devoured = eaten rapidly and completely
- His son searched him, took the bread, and began to devour it.†
Chpt 7 (definition 2)
(1) (devour as in: devoured by flames) to completely consume, destroy, or engulf (surround or cover)
(2) (devour as in: devoured three sandwiches) eat rapidly and completely -- usually due to being very hungry