(click/touch triangles for details)
- Prosperous.2 — Persons Unknown (14% in)
- ...you include, as one must, the Holcomb School, a good-looking establishment, which reveals a circumstance that the appearance of the community otherwise camouflages: that the parents who send their children to this modern and ably staffed "consolidated" school-the grades go from kindergarten through senior high, and a fleet of buses transport the students, of which there are usually around three hundred and sixty, from as far as sixteen miles away-are, in general, a prosperous people.1 — Last To See Them Alive (2% in)
- The only daughter of a prosperous wheat grower named Fox, the adored sister of three older brothers, she had not been spoiled but spared, led to suppose that life was a sequence of agreeable events-Kansas autumns, California summers, a round of teacup gifts.1 — Last To See Them Alive (33% in)
- Mr. Bell was the first prosperous-seeming solitary traveler to offer them a lift.3 — Answer (16% in)
- The elder Andrews was a prosperous farmer; he had not much money in the bank, but he owned land valued at approximately two hundred thousand dollars.4 — The Corner (66% in)
There are no more uses of "prosperous" in In Cold Blood.
Typical Usage (best examples)