(click/touch triangles for details)
- But, at least, he's honest and won't swindle me.4.38 (25% in)
- Made a lot of money, Will said, swindling the niggers or the government, one or tuther, or confiscating folks' cotton and swearing it was Confederate government cotton.4.32 (7% in)
- One poor white who operated a mill on the Decatur road did try to fight Scarlett with her own weapons, saying openly that she was a liar and a swindler.4.38 (13% in)
- He listened to her moans about lost customers and bad debts, the swindling ways of Mr. Johnson and the incompetency of Hugh.4.38 (68% in)
- Among them were the Gelerts who had lived in a dozen different states and who apparently had left each one hastily upon detection of their swindling schemes; the Conningtons whose connection with the Freedmen's Bureau in a distant state had been highly lucrative at the expense of the ignorant blacks they were supposed to protect; the Deals who had sold "cardboard" shoes to the Confederate government until it became necessary for them to spend the last year of the war in Europe; the...5.49 (73% in)
There are no more uses of "swindle" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)