(click/touch triangles for details)
- Before he could conceal it, they saw through the mask the anguish of a mind in doubt, loathing to stay and dreading to leave its refuge.3.10 — Book 3 Chapter 10 — The Voice of Saruman (59% in)
- Dreadful as the Dead Marshes had been, and the arid moors of the Noman-lands, more loathsome far was the country that the crawling day now slowly unveiled to his shrinking eyes.4.2 — Book 4 Chapter 2 — The Passage of the Marshes (75% in)
- For his works fill the heart with loathing; but my heart was filled with grief and pity.4.5 — Book 4 Chapter 5 — The Window on the West (22% in)
- Every step was reluctant, and time seemed to slow its pace. so that between the raising of a foot and the setting of it down minutes of loathing passed.4.8 — Book 4 Chapter 8 — The Stairs of Cirith Ungol (7% in)
- Figures stood there at its head, carven with cunning in forms human and bestial, but all corrupt and loathsome.4.8 — Book 4 Chapter 8 — The Stairs of Cirith Ungol (9% in)
There are no more uses of "loathe" in The Two Towers.
Typical Usage (best examples)