- The life of only one member was demanded, which was a remoter interest than their lives, and in the end they were content to pay the toll.Chapter 7 — The Sounding of the Call (60% in)
- " 'Answers to the name of Buck,' " the man soliloquized, quoting from the saloon-keeper's letter which had announced the consignment of the crate and contents.Chapter 1 — Into the Primitive (70% in)
- He had earned it, and he would not be content with less.Chapter 4 — Who Has Won to Mastership (13% in)
- Also, they held it a mercy, since Dave was to die anyway, that he should die in the traces, heart-easy and content.Chapter 4 — Who Has Won to Mastership (92% in)
- Unlike Skeet, who was wont to shove her nose under Thornton's hand and nudge and nudge till petted, or Nig, who would stalk up and rest his great head on Thornton's knee, Buck was content to adore at a distance.Chapter 6 — For the Love of a Man (15% in)
There are no more uses of "content" in The Call of the Wild.
Typical Usage (best examples)