(click/touch triangles for details)
- It is contrary to every principle we have tried to teach you, contrary to all established precedents and traditions of Art.1.1 — Part 1 Chapter 1 (51% in)
- But he decided against it, because there was no precedent to follow under the circumstances: because Heller had paid him for his efforts, and the house had been actually designed by Roark; and because no one ever sued Austen Heller.1.11 — Part 1 Chapter 11 (15% in)
- Mrs. Sanborn learned that she had an ally in the contractor, and she broke social precedent to the extent of inviting him for tea.1.13 — Part 1 Chapter 13 (87% in)
- Before each new venture he studied the field for a long time, then proceeded to act as if he had never heard of it, upsetting all precedent.2.6 — Part 2 Chapter 6 (3% in)
- It has reached a scale of horror without precedent.4.18 — Part 4 Chapter 18 (80% in)
There are no more uses of "precedent" in The Fountainhead.
Typical Usage (best examples)