(click/touch triangles for details)
- His voice was precise and monotonous; it connoted safety.1.4 Part 1 Chapter 4 — The Immovable Movers (36% in)
- In the clear, monotonous voice of a military report, consulting no papers, looking straight at the men, Dagny recited the technological facts about the John Galt Line, giving exact figures on the nature of the rail, the capacity of the bridge, the method of construction, the costs.1.8 Part 1 Chapter 8 — The John Galt Line (47% in)
- I don't wish to discuss my railroad," she said, fighting to keep her voice monotonously flat, while she wanted to scream in revulsion.1.10 Part 1 Chapter 10 — Wyatt's Torch (44% in)
- He was searching for the wreck of her plane, he had not given up, and whatever the three weeks of it had cost him, whatever he felt, the only evidence he would give to the world and his only answer was this steady, insistent, monotonous drone of a motor carrying a fragile craft over every deadly foot of an inaccessible chain of mountains.3.2 Part 3 Chapter 2 — The Utopia of Greed (78% in)
- "Dagny"-his voice was the soft, nasal, monotonous whine of a beggar-"I want to be president of a railroad.3.5 Part 3 Chapter 5 — Their Brothers' Keepers (16% in)
There are no more uses of "monotonous" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)