(click/touch triangles for details)
- It was a small private airfield, serving the meager traffic of a few industrial concerns still remaining in Afton, She saw a lone attendant hurrying to meet her.2.10 Part 2 Chapter 10 — The Sign of the Dollar (89% in)
- At opposite ends of the ballroom, Orren Boyle, who seemed too stout for his full-dress clothes, and Bertram Scudder, who seemed too meager for his, surveyed the crowd of guests with the same thought, though neither of them admitted that he was thinking it.2.2 Part 2 Chapter 2 — The Aristocracy of Pull (32% in)
- ...news could be witnessed in the streets of New York, in the cold, dank twilight of autumn evenings: a crowd gathered in front of a hardware store, where the owner had thrown the doors open, inviting people to help themselves to the last of his meager stock, while he laughed in shrieking sobs and went smashing his plate-glass windowsa crowd gathered at the door of a run-down apartment house, where a police ambulance stood waiting, while the bodies of a man, his wife and their three...3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (3% in)
- ...their secession from the country, went on to the final extreme of the very evil that had destroyed them, as if fighting murder with suicide: went on to seize all property within their reach, to declare community bondage of all to all, and to perish within a week, their meager loot consumed, in the bloody hatred of all for all, in the chaos of no rule save that of the gun, to perish under the lethargic thrust of a few worn soldiers sent out from Washington to bring order to the ruins.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (5% in)
- The engineer had exhausted his meager store of knowledge; he had checked every source of trouble he could think of.3.10 Part 3 Chapter 10 — In the Name of the Best Among Us (70% in)
There are no more uses of "meager" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)