(click/touch triangles for details)
- Could one conceive of an infamy lower than to equate virtue with pain, to make virtue, not vice, the source and motive power of suffering?2.4 Part 2 Chapter 4 — The Sanction of the Victim (12% in)
- Then I wouldn't know what to say," he answered-and felt a rush of blood to his brain, tight as a slap, realizing suddenly the double infamy of a lie uttered in protestation of honesty; he had said it sincerely, but it implied a boast to which he had no right any longer.1.10 Part 1 Chapter 10 — Wyatt's Torch (28% in)
- It stands-as the money of a free country-for achievement, for success, for ability, for man's creative power-and, precisely for these reasons, it is used as a brand of infamy.2.10 Part 2 Chapter 10 — The Sign of the Dollar (69% in)
- That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (85% in)
- If he fears that his judgment is inadequate, he will not be given a gun to improve it, If he chooses to correct his errors in time, he will have the unobstructed example of his betters, for guidance in learning to think; but an end will be put to the infamy of paying with one life for the errors of another.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (98% in)
There are no more uses of "infamy" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)