(click/touch triangles for details)
- I may get my exorbitant profit-or Taggart Transcontinental may crash before I collect it.1.4 Part 1 Chapter 4 — The Immovable Movers (82% in)
- The office suited him; it contained nothing but the few pieces of furniture he needed, all of them harshly simplified down to their essential purpose, all of them exorbitantly expensive in the quality of materials and the skill of design.1.4 Part 1 Chapter 4 — The Immovable Movers (87% in)
- The article had come out as a collection of sentences that gave him exorbitant praise and garbled every thought he had expressed.2.1 Part 2 Chapter 1 — The Man Who Belonged on Earth (3% in)
- No one has had to wonder why a track laborer is using such exorbitant amounts of electricity.3.8 Part 3 Chapter 8 — The Egoist (43% in)
- Most of the rural population had long since been reduced to the life of those ages when artificial light was an exorbitant luxury, and a sunset put an end to human activity.3.10 Part 3 Chapter 10 — In the Name of the Best Among Us (49% in)
There are no more uses of "exorbitant" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)