(click/touch triangles for details)
- Two hundred tons of a metal which was to be harder than steel, running liquid at a temperature of four thousand degrees, had the power to annihilate every wall of the structure and every one of the men who worked by the stream.1.2 Part 1 Chapter 2 — The Chain (9% in)
- If a single one of those granite giants chose to crumble, it would annihilate this train.2.7 Part 2 Chapter 7 — The Moratorium on Brains (50% in)
- ...is one's only judge of values and one's only guide of action-that reason is an absolute that permits no compromise-that a concession to the irrational invalidates one's consciousness and turns it from the task of perceiving to the task of faking reality-that the alleged short-cut to knowledge, which is faith, is only a short-circuit destroying the mind-that the acceptance of a mystical invention is a wish for the annihilation of existence and, properly, annihilates one's consciousness.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (26% in)
- Thus the man of productive genius assumed in your world the disguise of a playboy and became a destroyer of wealth, choosing to annihilate his fortune rather than surrender it to guns.3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (87% in)
- But a government that initiates the employment of force against men who had forced no one, the employment of armed compulsion against disarmed victims, is a nightmare infernal machine designed to annihilate morality: such a government reverses its only moral purpose and switches from the role of protector to the role of man's deadliest enemy, from the role of policeman to the role of a criminal vested with the right to the wielding of violence against victims deprived of the right of...3.7 Part 3 Chapter 7 — "This is John Galt Speaking" (90% in)
There are no more uses of "annihilate" in Atlas Shrugged.
Typical Usage (best examples)