(click/touch triangles for details)
- Martin speculated still more as he perceived that all his colleagues were secretly grouped in factions.Chapter 27 (36% in)
- Now that he was free from responsibility he began to form his own faction, to save the Department.Chapter 24 (80% in)
- Gottlieb, Terry Wickett, and Dr. Nicholas Yeo, that long-mustached and rustic biologist whom Martin had first taken for a carpenter, formed an independent faction of their own, and however much he disliked the boisterous Wickett, Martin was dragged into it.Chapter 27 (37% in)
- He did not desire to be caught in any of the logrolling factions, though for Terry Wickett, still in France, and for Terry's rough compulsion to honesty he was sometimes lonely.Chapter 29 (1% in)
- There was a surging of factions, a benevolent and winning buzz of scientists who desired to be the new Director of the Institute.Chapter 30 (24% in)
There are no more uses of "faction" in Arrowsmith.
Typical Usage (best examples)