(click/touch triangles for details)
- CHAPTER XXII TOM joined the new order of Cadets of Temperance, being attracted by the showy character of their "regalia."Chapter 22 (1% in)
- Maybe ALL the Temperance Taverns have got a ha'nted room, hey, Huck?"Chapter 28 (65% in)
- I couldn't sleep, and so I come along up-street 'bout midnight, a-turning it all over, and when I got to that old shackly brick store by the Temperance Tavern, I backed up agin the wall to have another think.Chapter 30 (26% in)
- The accidental discovery, just made, that the proprietor of the Temperance Tavern kept liquor on his premises, scarcely fluttered the public pulse, tremendous as the fact was.Chapter 30 (92% in)
- In a lucid interval, Huck feebly led up to the subject of taverns, and finally asked—dimly dreading the worst—if anything had been discovered at the Temperance Tavern since he had been ill.Chapter 30 (94% in)
There are no more uses of "temperance" in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
Typical Usage (best examples)