(click/touch triangles for details)
- There ought to have been a tranquil bark in such an anchorage, and there was.2.6 — Hundreds of People (8% in)
- These things were within Mr. Jarvis Lorry's knowledge, thoughts, and notice, when he rang the door-bell of the tranquil house in the corner, on the fine Sunday afternoon.2.6 — Hundreds of People (15% in)
- Ever busily winding the golden thread which bound her husband, and her father, and herself, and her old directress and companion, in a life of quiet bliss, Lucie sat in the still house in the tranquilly resounding corner, listening to the echoing footsteps of years.2.21 — Echoing Footsteps (1% in)
- Citizen Manette, be tranquil.3.9 — The Game Made (88% in)
- I see the good old man, so long their friend, in ten years' time enriching them with all he has, and passing tranquilly to his reward.3.15 — The Footsteps Die Out For Ever (91% in)
There are no more uses of "tranquil" in A Tale of Two Cities.
Typical Usage (best examples)