(click/touch triangles for details)
- She blinked up out of her avid shameclosing eyes, mewing plaintively and long, showing him her milkwhite teeth.Episode 4 — Calypso (6% in)
- —O, my corns! he said plaintively.Episode 10 — Wandering Rocks (78% in)
- His breath, birdsweet, good teeth he's proud of, fluted with plaintive woe.Episode 11 — Sirens (45% in)
- A posse of Dublin Metropolitan police superintended by the Chief Commissioner in person maintained order in the vast throng for whom the York street brass and reed band whiled away the intervening time by admirably rendering on their blackdraped instruments the matchless melody endeared to us from the cradle by Speranza's plaintive muse.Episode 12 — Cyclops (27% in)
- BLOOM: (Plaintively) Hugeness!Episode 15 — Circe (59% in)
There are no more uses of "plaintive" in Ulysses by James Joyce.
Typical Usage (best examples)