- Outside the Dublin Distillers Company's stores an outside car without fare or jarvey stood, the reins knotted to the wheel.Episode 10 — Wandering Rocks (59% in)
- Who distilled first?Episode 8 — Lestrygonians (88% in)
- But it was no animal's fault in particular if he was built that way like the camel, ship of the desert, distilling grapes into potheen in his hump.Episode 16 — Eumaeus (95% in)
- ...cloudbursts: its vast circumterrestrial ahorizontal curve: its secrecy in springs and latent humidity, revealed by rhabdomantic or hygrometric instruments and exemplified by the well by the hole in the wall at Ashtown gate, saturation of air, distillation of dew: the simplicity of its composition, two constituent parts of hydrogen with one constituent part of oxygen: its healing virtues: its buoyancy in the waters of the Dead Sea: its persevering penetrativeness in runnels, gullies,...Episode 17 — Ithaca (9% in)
- ...feminine object) from the active voice into its correlative aorist preterite proposition (parsed as feminine subject, auxiliary verb and quasimonosyllabic onomatopoeic past participle with complementary masculine agent) in the passive voice: the continued product of seminators by generation: the continual production of semen by distillation: the futility of triumph or protest or vindication: the inanity of extolled virtue: the lethargy of nescient matter: the apathy of the stars.Episode 17 — Ithaca (96% in)
There are no more uses of "distill" in Ulysses by James Joyce.
Typical Usage (best examples)