All 5 Uses of
Lord of the Flies
- The candle-buds opened their wide white flowers glimmering under the light that pricked down from the first stars.
p. 57..9 *glimmering = shining (with a dim or wavering light)
- Ralph held out the glimmering conch and Maurice took it obediently.
- There was a moment's struggle and the glimmering conch jigged up and down.
- The conch glimmered among the trees, a white blob against the place where the sun would rise.
p. 124..6glimmered = shined (with a dim or wavering light)
- The conch still glimmered by the chief's seat.
(glimmer as in: glimmering lights) a dim, wavering, or reflected light