- Now farming became industry, and the owners followed Rome, although they did not know it.Chapter 19 (12% in)
- Although an observer could not have told why, Noah left the impression of being misshapen, his head or his body or his legs or his mind; but no misshapen member could be recalled.Chapter 8 (63% in)
- And the families learned, although no one told them, what rights are monstrous and must be destroyed: the right to intrude upon privacy, the right to be noisy while the camp slept, the right of seduction or rape, the right of adultery and theft and murder.Chapter 17 (18% in)
- And as the worlds moved westward, rules became laws, although no one told the families.Chapter 17 (20% in)
- And although they were dead weary and the morning heat was growing, they stopped.Chapter 18 (3% in)
- They imported slaves, although they did not call them slaves: Chinese, Japanese, Mexicans, Filipinos.Chapter 19 (12% in)
There are no more uses of "although" in The Grapes of Wrath.
Typical Usage (best examples)