(click/touch triangles for details)
- Now the high voice broke into hysteria, the gabbling screams of a hyena, the thudding became louder.Chapter 18 (38% in)
- She seemed to fight with hysteria.Chapter 18 (84% in)
- And a chuckling hysteria began in her throat, a whining laugh that grew louder and higher with each breath.Chapter 20 (61% in)
- A crowd had collected around the woman with the broken hand, and her hysteria increased, a screaming quality came into her laughter.Chapter 20 (62% in)
- Her face was growing red with hysteria.Chapter 26 (79% in)
There are no more uses of "hysteria" in The Grapes of Wrath.
Typical Usage (best examples)