cosmologyin a sentence
She believes in the Big Bang theory of cosmology.
cosmology = the study of the origin of the universe
- The multiverse hypothesis in cosmology speculates that ours may be but one of many universes.
- Metaphysical cosmology addresses questions about the Universe which are beyond the scope of science.
- The steady-state theory of cosmology suggests that the universe is constantly producing matter and infinitely expanding.
- In Righteous Mom's cosmology, Evil Dad was the sole source of hemorrhoids, kleptomania, global conflict, bad breath, tectonic-plate fault lines, and clogged drains, as well as every migraine headache and menstrual cramp Righteous Mom had ever suffered.† (source)
- Like Reverend Hale and the others on this stage, we conceive the Devil as a necessary part of a respectable view of cosmology.† (source)
- Every morning before dawn our Base Camp sirdar-an avuncular, highly respected, forty Prayer flags are printed with holy Buddhist invocations-most commonly om manipadm hum-which are dispatched to God with each flap of the pennant. often prayer flags bear the red creatures in the Sherpa image of a winged horse in addition to written prayers; horses are sac cosmology and are believed to carry the prayers heavenward with special speed.† (source)
- A parent, intentionally or not, imposes a cosmology on the little child—† (source)
- Besides, I was trying to get the hang of his cosmology, so I egged him on, sometimes even badgered him into narrating Haiti.† (source)
- In the distorted cosmology of the Afrikaner, the Nationalist victory was like the Israelites' journey to the Promised Land.† (source)
- ALBERT EINSTEIN published his general theory of relativity in 1916, profoundly affecting the study of physics and cosmology for years.† (source)
show 12 more with this conextual meaning
- They think that what's true for acute physical processes is probably applicable to cosmology itself.† (source)
- All right, so we assume everyone understands cosmology.† (source)
- "We should define 'cosmology' here," she heard herself say, "perhaps in a sidebar.† (source)
- In Ti Jean's cosmology, as Farmer understands it, people turn themselves into animals for shifty reasons only, or else sorcerers turn them into animals as punishment, or simply for food.† (source)
- Cosmology, let's see …. what we believe, subconsciously, implicitly, or both, how the universe works—you want to add something?† (source)
- And I was thinking, how about including a section on the cosmology imparted by television as artificial caregiver?† (source)
- According to her mother's cosmology, the world was against her and no one could change this, because this was a curse.† (source)
- We go on to say that parents pass along this cosmology to children through their behaviors, their reactions to daily events, often mundane—You look puzzled.† (source)
- "My work includes as much of physics and cosmology as I can take in," Alessandro said, "but that hardly makes me a physicist."† (source)
- Mythology, in other words, is psychology misread as biography, history, and cosmology.† (source)
- Everything I see in him corresponds to his pamphlet on Biblical Cosmology.† (source)
- For although it might be tolerable if human reason and knowledge held themselves within earthly bounds and treated the subject-object experience as real within that sphere, the moment it reached out into the eternal riddle, into so-called cosmology or cosmogony, the joke was over, and presumptu-ousness had achieved the acme of monstrosity.† (source)
▲ show less (of above)