(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionthat is to say; or in other words; (abbreviation for Latin id est)
- Most of the items the store sells are private-label; i.e., not national brands you'd recognize.
i.e. = in other words
- She is bullish (i.e., optimistic) about the stock market.
- The tournament allows only amateur players; i.e., those who have never earned money playing.
- The money needs to last until the end of the Federal fiscal year; i.e., September 30th.
- The graph is in constant 2018 dollars; i.e., the amounts are adjusted for inflation.
- He is on the short list of popular presidents; i.e., those who were admired by the vast majority of the populace long after they were elected.
- At the very least, I am somewhat troubled that this child was not held to the same stringent application standards (i.e. interview) that the rest of the incoming middle-school students were.R.J. Palacio -- Wonder
i.e. = that is to say
i.e. = that is to say
Search for other examples by interest
Interest — SourceGeneral — Google News®
General — Time® Magazine
General — Wikipedia®
Architecture — Google® books - Architecture
Business — Bloomberg®
Business — The Economist®
Classic Literature — Google® books - Classical Literature
Engineering — Google® books - Engineering
Engineering — Popular Mechanics®
Engineering — Discover Magazine®
Fine Arts & Music — Google® books - Art
History — Google® books - History
Human Behavior — Google® books - Psychology
Human Behavior — Psychology Today®
Law — FindLaw®
Law — Google® books - Law
Logic & Reasoning — Google® books - Reasoning
Medicine — Web MD®
Medicine — Google® books - Medicine
Nature & Ecology — National Geographic®
Nature & Ecology — Google® books - Nature
Personal Finance — Kiplinger® (Personal Finance)
Philosophy — Google® books - Philosophy
Public Policy & Politics — Newsweek®
Public Policy & Politics — Real Clear Politics®
Public Policy & Politics — Google® books - Politics
Religion & Spirtuality — Google® books - Religion
Religion - Christianity — Bible Gateway®
Religion - Christianity — Google® books - Christianity
Science — Popular Science®
Science — Scientific American®
Science — Google® books - Science
Sports — Sports Illustrated®