(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionfavoring social equality for all people
- We live in an egalitarian society.
- Education is essential for an egalitarian society.
- The egalitarian benefits of capitalism are seen in consumer electronics. In the first stage, wealthy consumers pay high prices to fund develop a product like video recorders. In the second phase, manufacturers learn to make the product less expensively. Finally, essentially the same product purchased by the wealthy is purchased by the masses.
- An egalitarian educational system is necessarily opposed to meritocracy and reward for achievement. It is inevitably opposed to procedures that might reveal differing levels of achievement.Robert Bork
- It actually was a kind of frustrated egalitarianism out of which, I began to understand, he derived much of his sense of alienation.William Styron -- Sophie's Choice
- The major reason is security, but there is also an element of embarrassment in this egalitarian society.Robert Ludlum -- The Bourne Supremacy
- He embodies the Raider egalitarian ideal of no divisions between the men, no hierarchy.James Bradley -- Flags of Our Fathers
- And, he assumed, prevented anyone below from glimpsing the world, egalitarian and free from restrictions, within the Black Box.Dave Eggers -- A Hologram for the King
- I believe in his egalitarian treatment of everyone despite race, creed, or appearance.Jay Allison, et al. -- This I Believe II
- But I admire the American spirit of egalitarian-ism.Orson Scott Card -- Red Prophet
- Socrates was not a democrat or an egalitarian.Doug Linder -- The Trial of Socrates
- Egalitarian rotation.Ayn Rand -- The Fountainhead
- Everyone did, even the attorney Giuliani, egalitarian and republican, perhaps because he knew that old cats and dying empires viciously insist upon decorum.Mark Helprin -- A Soldier of the Great War
- The moral of this story is that, though Americans consider themselves egalitarian and unsnobbish, they are full of notions, often snobbish, about how not to speak.Robert MacNeil and William Crane -- Do You Speak American?
- They picked up on the particular egalitarian ethos of the community, which discouraged the wealthy from flaunting their success and helped the unsuccessful obscure their failures.Malcolm Gladwell -- Outliers
- Underpinning all of it like the fiscal standard in commercial societies lay a bedrock of depravity and violence where in an egalitarian absolute every man was judged by a single standard and that was his readiness to kill.Cormac McCarthy -- All the Pretty Horses
- Egalitarianism again.Orson Scott Card -- Red Prophet
- Did you really think that we, the great warlords of the most ancient and cultured empire the world has ever known, would leave it to unwashed peasants and their ill-born offspring, schooled in the discredited theories of egalitarianism?Robert Ludlum -- The Bourne Supremacy