(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionend association with
The expression: "dissociate with" means to publicly state one is not associated with someone or something
- He dissociated himself from the organization.
dissociated = ended association
- You shouldn't dissociate the woman from her votes.
- Acids dissociate to give hydrogen ions.
- Dissociative identity disorder is extremely rare, but yes, it's real.Ellen Hopkins -- Identical
- For a moment, I feel strangely dissociated from my body—I can see myself propped on the steering wheel, my body a broken wreck.Nicholas Sparks -- The Longest Ride
- How, then, were they dissociated?Robert Louis Stevenson -- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- And I do not dissociate myself from them.Winston Churchill -- Their Finest Hour
- He lives dissociated from mechanical time.William Faulkner -- Light in August
- And during the few minutes of passion that followed I was able to dissociate myself from the present.Betty Mahmoody -- Not Without My Daughter
- Some PTSD victims go into a dissociative state if the stressor is severe enough, and if it's repeated.Scott Pratt -- An Innocent Client
- I tried to dissociate the taste of the tap water from the sight of the brains and the general odor of preservatives and disinfectants.Don DeLillo -- White Noise
- When was sciolism ever dissociated from laxity?George Eliot -- Middlemarch
- We dissociate the mind from the lower levels, send it back to the womb, and let it pretend it's being born to a new life all over again.Alfred Bester -- The Demolished Man
- But the rope dragged me, wobbling and balancing, so rapidly I couldn't hope to dissociate myself from it halfway.Sylvia Plath -- The Bell Jar
- Thought of Stewart dissociated itself from thought of the other cowboys.Zane Grey -- The Light of Western Stars
- This may not work for everyone; dissociating from misery may be wise.Jay Allison, et al. -- This I Believe
- Everybody's better than I am," Ender said, trying to dissociate himself from her contempt for the boys who would, after all, be his near bunkmates.Orson Scott Card -- Ender's Game
- Hema's thoughts became dissociated, as if they were no longer hers but instead were elegant copperplate scrolling before her in a dream.Abraham Verghese -- Cutting for Stone
- His mother came near, her face strangely sorrowful and brooding, incongruous somehow, dissociated completely from her task of carrying a platter of soup.Henry Roth -- Call It Sleep
- She had concluded he would never wholly dissociate himself from this West; and as he would visit it now and then, she had already begun forming plans of her own.Zane Grey -- The Call of the Canyon