- His mother tried to wean him when he was nine months old but Gussie wouldn't stand for it.Chapter 29 (7% in)
- Her reason was: "She'll be weaned away from her home and family soon enough the way she's growing up.Chapter 23 (95% in)
- The poor woman figured and figured on a way to wean Gussie.Chapter 29 (20% in)
- Gussie was weaned.Chapter 29 (28% in)
- It started a new fashion in weaning called, "Giving the baby the Gussie.Chapter 29 (28% in)
There are no more uses of "wean" in A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
Typical Usage (best examples)