(click/touch triangles for details)
- When Mammy returned she would resume her lecture on Scarlett's breach of hospitality, and Scarlett felt that she could not endure prating about such a trivial matter when her heart was breaking.1.2 (11% in)
- Old Angus had never manumitted a single slave and had committed the unpardonable social breach of selling some of his negroes to passing slave traders en route to the cane fields of Louisiana, but the rumors persisted.1.3 (45% in)
- There had been small breaches of conduct to be concealed from her elders, jealous girls to be flouted or placated, styles of dresses and materials to be chosen, different coiffures to be tried and, oh, so many, many other matters to be decided!3.28 (18% in)
- But no matter which side the relatives took, they all were resentful that Scarlett should have been the cause of the family breach.5.55 (72% in)
- With the exception of the guerrilla warfare carried on by Aunt Pitty against Uncle Henry, which had been a matter for hilarious laughter within the family for years, there had never been an open breach in the pleasant relations.5.55 (77% in)
There are no more uses of "breach" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)