(click/touch triangles for details)
- You know cussed well I'd do anything to avoid— Though I want you to distinctly understand it has nothing to do with my campaign for Congress!Chapter 22 (30% in)
- The students who had learned to look through the microscope without having to close one eye were proud and professional, and all of them talked of the beauty of identifying the bacillus, as they twiddled the brass thumbscrews to the right focus and the cells rose from cloudiness to sharp distinctness on the slides before them.Chapter 4 (56% in)
- When she first sat at the steering wheel, when she moved the hand-throttle with her little finger and felt in her own hands all this power, sorcery enabling her to go as fast as she might desire (within distinct limits), she transcended human strength, she felt that she could fly like the wild goose—and then in a stretch of sand she killed the engine.Chapter 15 (32% in)
- But when the anti-vivisection lady wound up, "And as for your pretensions to know anything about science, you're no scientist at all!" then with a shriek the anti-nicotine lady leaped from her platform, dug her fingers into the anti-vivisection lady's hair, and observed with distinctness, "I'll show you whether I know anything about science!"Chapter 23 (41% in)
- Martin, standing happily with Leora and their friend the fireman on the edge, distinctly did not.Chapter 23 (42% in)
There are no more uses of "distinct" in Arrowsmith.
Typical Usage (best examples)