- I had done so, and was looking along the desolate garden walk, when I beheld a solitary figure in it.Chapter 59 (49% in)
- Pitying his desolation, and watching him as he gradually settled down upon the pie, I made bold to say, "I am glad you enjoy it."Chapter 3 (58% in)
- "Good God!" cried Mr. Pocket, in an outbreak of desolate desperation.Chapter 23 (71% in)
- She reserved it for me to restore the desolate house, admit the sunshine into the dark rooms, set the clocks a-going and the cold hearths a-blazing, tear down the cobwebs, destroy the vermin,—in short, do all the shining deeds of the young Knight of romance, and marry the Princess.Chapter 29 (2% in)
- It was a needless question, for a new desolation in the desolate house had told me so.Chapter 49 (42% in)
- It was a needless question, for a new desolation in the desolate house had told me so.Chapter 49 (43% in)
There are no more uses of "desolate" in Great Expectations.
Typical Usage (best examples)