(click/touch triangles for details)
- The busy stage of life, the virtues of heroes, and the actions of men were his theme; and his hope and his dream was to become one among those whose names are recorded in story as the gallant and adventurous benefactors of our species.Chapter 2 (30% in)
- For the sake of a few jewels, to have murdered the son of her benefactor and friend, a child whom she had nursed from its birth, and appeared to love as if it had been her own!Chapter 9 (51% in)
- "'How can I thank you, my best and only benefactor?Chapter 15 (91% in)
- Two I have already destroyed; other victims await their destiny; but you, Clerval, my friend, my benefactor—Chapter 21 (23% in)
- You were hereafter to be hailed as the benefactors of your species, your names adored as belonging to brave men who encountered death for honour and the benefit of mankind.Chapter 24 (60% in)
There are no more uses of "benefactor" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)