used in Turtles All the Way Down
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
a basic rule or belief
The exact meaning of principle
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "our guiding principles" — basic moral beliefs that guide decisions and behavior
- "electromagnetic principles" — rules describing how the world works
- "She lacks principles." — lacks moral guidelines
- "We agree in principle." — about important basic beliefs
- Chewie owed Ayala a life debt because her father had died saving Chewie years ago, and Chewie was a Wookiee of principle even when it wasn't convenient.
There are no more uses of "principle" in Turtles All the Way Down.