used in Fearless
(click/touch triangles for details)
a period of testing (especially of person)
in various senses, including:
- a period during which a criminal does not have to be in prison as long as they demonstrate good behavior and obey special restrictions
- a period during which a new employee is tried out on the job and during which the employee does not have all the privileges of a regular employee
- a period during which a student's grades or behavior must improve to prevent being kicked out of school
- So began the probation period for Adam and his classmates from Class 227.
- The coveted insignia recognizes those who have completed BUD/S training, made it through a six-to-nine-month probationary period, and passed advanced SEAL Tactical Training.
There are no more uses of "probation" in Fearless.