used in Fearless
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to make stronger
in various senses, including:
- to add defensive fortifications to a site to withstand attack — as in "fortify the camp"
- to make a structure or organization stronger — as in "fortify the wall"
- to inspire emotional and mental strength — as in "fortify her spirits"
- to strengthen an argument — as in "fortify our argument"
- to add nutrients to increase the healthfulness — as in "bread fortified with folic acid and iron"
- to add alcohol to make a drink stronger and/or less prone to spoiling — as in "port, sherry, madeira, and other fortified wines"
- Rarely did Adam leave an observation post without first helping with fortification efforts, such as filling sandbags.
There are no more uses of "fortify" in Fearless.