(click/touch triangles for details)
- By Wade's estimate, each man had been punched in the face some 220 times.p. 209.6
- By one estimate, no athlete lost less than ten pounds.p. 25.8
- Historians estimate that the Japanese murdered between 200,000 and 430,000 Chinese, including the 90,000 POWs, in what became known as the Rape of Nanking.p. 77.0
- Estimating the bomber's cruising speed and range, they made rough calculations to arrive at how many hours the bomber could remain airborne after it left them, and thus how far they were from its base.p. 122.8
- By the time they were allowed to stop, they were utterly spent: by Wade's estimate, each basket bearer had carried well over four tons of coal.p. 203.9
There are no more uses of "estimate" in Unbroken - adapted for young adults.
Typical Usage (best examples)