(click/touch triangles for details)
- All they knew was that the Japanese commander had been gone for five days, and the guards had been leading them on ominous marches through the forest.p. 225.2
- Most ominously, its army encouraged and celebrated extreme brutality in soldiers.p. 44.8
- Their hunger dimmed, an ominous sign.p. 129.2
- There was only a gloomy illumination of an ominous sky.p. 130.6
- At camps across Japan, things looked just as ominous.p. 210.9
There are no more uses of "ominous" in Unbroken - adapted for young adults.
Typical Usage (best examples)