- My neck compensated by going the other way.p. 158.3
- The pilot would have to compensate by lowering the helo for each man who dismounted the rope.p. 47.4
- Without the pilot's compensation, the first operator would slide off the rope with three feet of extra rope on the deck, the second guy with only a foot, and the third guy with the rope not quite reaching the deck—it wouldn't take long before some poor bastard dropped ten feet through the air with nothing to hold on to, the metal deck giving a lot less cushion than dirt.p. 47.5
- Similar to fast-roping, when each man jumped, it lightened the helicopter's load, making the helo gain altitude—the pilot had to compensate.p. 54.2
- Then I adjusted the bullet drop compensator on my scope to modify for the effect of gravity on the bullet before it reached its target 300 yards away.p. 69.5
There are no more uses of "compensate" in I Am a Seal Team Six Warrior.
Typical Usage (best examples)