used in Gifted Hands
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- to say something is not true — as in "She contradicted his testimony."
- to say something else is true when both can't be true — as in "I don't believe her. She contradicted herself as she told us what happened."
- to be in conflict with — as in "Her assertions contradict accepted scientific principles."
- It hadn't taken me long to learn that those words contradicted his nice-guy image.
- And that experience contradicted everything I'd read about dreams in my psychological studies.
There are no more uses of "contradict" in Gifted Hands.