used in The Adventures of Captain Underpants
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
straight (exactly where stated); or without involvement of anything in between
The exact meaning of this sense of direct
is subject to its context. For example:
- "The road runs directly to Las Vegas." — straight (without varying from a straight line)
- "It was a direct hit." — exact
- "The plant is in direct sunlight." — unobstructed (without anything in between)
- "She wants a direct meeting with him." — personal (without other people in between)
- "She paid direct attention to what he was reading." — close
- "a direct gaze" — straight, steady, or focused—not a brief glance taken while generally looking at other things; not a sideways look
- "Don't look directly at it," warned George.
directly = straight (focusing where stated rather than including it as part of a larger focus; or a careful look rather than a quick glance)
There are no more uses of "direct" in The Adventures of Captain Underpants.