used in Nothing but the Truth
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
trying to keep under control
The exact meaning of suppress
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "suppressed the revolution" — to stop others from doing something by force
- "suppressed a smile" — kept something from happening
- "suppressed the story" — kept news from spreading
- "suppressed her fear" — controlled an emotion
- "suppressed the memory" — avoided thinking about (perhaps even removed from conscious memory)
- On behalf of our membership we strongly condemn your suppression of patriotism in the American School System.
There are no more uses of "suppress" in Nothing but the Truth.