used in Nothing but the Truth
(click/touch triangles for details)
in keeping with; or in agreement/harmony/unity with
This sense of accord
is often seen in the form according to
where it can take on more specific meanings. For example:
- "According to Kim, ..." — as stated by
- "To each according to her ability." — based upon
- "Points are scored according to how well they perform." — depending upon
- "The dose is calculated according to body weight." — in proportion to
- According to Harrison School superintendent Dr. A. Seymour, there is no rule against singing the anthem.
- STEWART: Dr. Palleni, according to Dr. Seymour, the Harrison School District has no rule that would keep a student from singing "The Star-Spangled Banner."
- That's according to Joe.
There are no more uses of "accord" in Nothing but the Truth.